Out now: Marine Harvest Group annual report 2017
Recently Marine Harvest Group published their annual report 2017, the best year ever in the history of the group. The annual report integrates the reporting on both the financial and the sustainability performance of the group. You can download it here.
This integrated report sets out how we run our business; it describes our vision and ambition, our successes and our disappointments – all of them in an open and transparent way. At the end of the day, all of us working at Marine Harvest have a clear and simple goal: We wish to produce affordable, high quality products in a sustainable way, and this report tells the story of how we work to accomplish that target.
We aim to be an integrated provider of proteins from the ocean, taking the lead in all key areas, from the production of fish feed to meeting the needs of the market. By integrating the entire value chain, we can control our products from feed to fork, and be more proactive in addressing challenges related to sustainable feed, farming and value-added processing.
The Blue Revolution – our vision – will not happen by itself: We have to make it happen. Change is about challenging existing ways of doing things – over and over again. We encourage our people to try new things, and sometimes we fail. The important thing is that we learn and grow from the experience.
Driving a revolution requires passionate people who share our vision and values. Marine Harvest is made up of 13,233 people in 24 different countries. We are committed to high ethical standards in our business conduct worldwide, and we expect our employees to make our Code of Conduct a personal commitment so that we can engender trust to all stakeholders.
Would you like to know more about:
- How Marine Harvest contributes to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
- What we did in 2017 in the area of Research & Development and what the R&D programme is for the years to come?
- How new technologies like the ‘genomics revolution’ contribute to even better and more efficient salmon farming?
- What is in our salmon feed?
- Which healthy nutrients our salmon contains, and how much of them? How we make sure our salmon remains a very rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids while continuously reducing the amount of fish needed to produce our salmon feed?
You’ll find all the answers in our annual report 2017. Download it here!