Latest date of revision: September 26, 2018
Marine Harvest Sterk B.V. (“we”, “our”) takes your privacy and its protection seriously. The way in which we respect your privacy is based on the following principles:
- We appreciate it that you trust us with your personal data. We will always use your personal data in an honest way which does justice to the trust you place in us.
- You are entitled to clear information about the way in which we use your personal data. We will communicate with you in a transparent way about which personal data we collect and why we do this, what we do with them, with whom we share the data and who you can contact in case you have worries or questions.
- We will take all reasonable measures to protect your data and to prevent abuse of your data.
- We will comply with the applicable regulations on data protection and we will cooperate with the competent authorities. In cases for which the data protection regulations do not provide, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles of data protection.
In this Privacy statement we indicate which personal data types we collect and how we process, share and protect these data.
Please read this statement carefully in order to understand our principles and practices with regard to your personal data and the way in which we handle them.
When we refer to “the website”, we refer to the web pages starting with the following URL: www.marineharveststerk.com and www.marineharveststerk.nl.
- Who is responsible for your data?
You are responsible for the correctness and completeness of the data you provide us with. Marine Harvest Sterk B.V. is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Marine Harvest Sterk B.V. is located at Vuurtorenweg 12, 8531 HJ Lemmer, the Netherlands (hereafter ‘Marine Harvest Sterk’ or “we” or “us”).
- What is the applicability of this Privacy statement?
With this Privacy statement we would like to inform you about why and how we process personal data as a data controller when we perform any activities that form part of the operation of our business or when you use this website and any of the services, forms, and applications we offer through this website, with whom we share that information, what your rights are and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Moreover, at the Marine Harvest Sterk website(s) you may find links to third-party websites, e.g., from sister companies, suppliers or other media. Although these websites have been carefully selected, we are not responsible for the processing of your personal data by these websites. This Privacy statement does not apply to the use of such websites. We advise you to carefully read the Privacy statements on each website you visit as these can be different from our Privacy statement.
- For what purposes do we process your personal data?
We can process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To improve our products and your experiences on our website(s). We do this by:
- Evaluating the usage of our websites, products and services
- Analyzing the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional activities
- Personalizing your website experience, as well as evaluating statistics with regard to website activities (anonymous and aggregated with those of other users)
- Improving user-friendliness of our website(s) and tailoring them better to your interests and needs
- Helping you to improve your future activities and experiences on our website(s); e.g., a website can recognize that you already provided your personal data and does not ask for the same information again
- Collecting information about the device you use to visit our website, such as your IP address or the type of internet browser and operating system you are using and linking this to your personal data in order to ensure our website(s) deliver you the best web experience
- Protecting Marine Harvest Sterk against potential fraudulent transactions, or to identify these
- Ensuring compliance with our terms and conditions and managing our business.
- To contact you regarding your feedback or questions about our products and services.
- To send you newsletters and to perform other (direct) marketing activities. We can contact you about products and services which may be of interest to you, on the condition that you gave us permission to do so or on the basis of our legitimate interests if you bought a product or service from us earlier; that the communication is relevant for or similar to such earlier purchase and takes place within the period defined by the applicable regulations. We can contact you, e.g.,
- To propose products or services (among which those of relevant third parties) which may be of interest to you
- With regard to contests or special promotions in which you participated or in which you might want to participate
- To send you information, products or samples you asked for
You can opt out at any moment with regard to receiving communication by us. All direct marketing communication we send to you (such as newsletters) is provided with information and methods to opt out.
If you subscribe to our newsletters, use our website(s) and e.g., create an account on such website(s), buy products or services or provide feedback about those online, we will use your personal data to create a profile.
Marine Harvest Sterk can also link your data to other information, if any, which you provided to us.
- For legitimate business purposes. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Customer and supplier management
- Order and supply management
- Invoicing and accounting
- Proper organization of our services
- Dispute management
- Public relations
- Statistics and market research
- Access control (for physical visitors)
- Legal grounds
We process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above in the context of the legitimate interests of our company and/or of a third party, including (but not limited to) the proper management of our business activities, the good functionality of our website, the interest to treat your questions, requests and complaints in the best possible way, client and supplier management, order management, etc. In this respect, we will always determine case by case whether our interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms.
Furthermore, we also process certain personal data in order to comply with legal obligations.
If we have the legal obligation to obtain your free, informed, specific and unambiguous consent to process your personal data for certain purposes (e.g., specific direct marketing or market research activities), we will only process your data for such purposes to the extent that we have obtained such consent from you.
- Your rights and who to contact
In case of any questions, comments or feedback about how we process your personal data, please contact us as indicated under ‘Contact’ at the end of this Privacy statement.
You have several rights concerning the information we hold about you. We would like to inform you that you have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- Ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data if you believe that there is no (longer a) lawful ground for us to process them
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent)
- Receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract)
- Object to our processing of your personal data for which we use legitimate interest as a legal basis, in which case we will cease the processing unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.
You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for direct marketing. If you do not want to continue receiving any direct marketing from us, you can contact us (see below) or click on the unsubscribe function in any such communication. In that event, your personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) in your jurisdiction.
In order to help us with the processing of your request, you need to provide us with your full name, surname and contact details.
Our sites are designed and intended primarily for use by adults. If you are under 16, you need to go through the conditions of this Privacy statement together with a parent or guardian in order to make sure you understand and accept these.
Access to certain parts of the Marine Harvest Sterk site and/or eligibility for prizes, samples or other rewards can be limited to users over a certain age. We can use your personal data for the execution of age checks to adhere to these rules.
- Information we automatically collect about you
In this Privacy statement, ‘personal data’ mean: data on the basis of which you can be identified as a person, alone or in combination with other data.
Marine Harvest Sterk collects various types of personal data.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following data:
- Technical data, among which the Internet Protocol (IP) address which links your computer to the internet, your login information (if applicable), browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, among which the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), click path to, through and from our website (including data and time), searches you enter in the search window, topics and/or products viewed or searched for with ‘page response times’, download errors, duration of your visit to specific pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicking and mouse-overs), methods used to leave our website, and telephone numbers used to call our company.
- Information you provide us with
This is information which is collected when you provide your data through the contact form on our website www.marineharveststerk.com or www.marineharveststerk.nl or by telephone, email or other media. Part of this is the data you share, e.g., in the context of discussions and contacts, when you register to use our website, subscribe to our services, search for a product, participate in discussion platforms or other social media functions on our website, participate in a contest, promotion or survey, report a problem with our website, give feedback, file a complaint or any other activities you may perform on our website. Your name, address, email, telephone number, the company or organization you work for, financial and other information which are part of your personal registration, and any other information you provide us with, are part of these data.
- Information we obtain from other sources
We may obtain such personal data because others give them to us (e.g., your employer or third-party service providers that we use in the context of our business activities, business partners, marketing agencies, technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, etc.), or because they are publicly available.
When we obtain personal data from external parties, we make reasonable efforts to enter into contractual clauses with these parties obliging them to respect the data protection legislation. This can be done by obliging this party to provide you with all necessary information or – if necessary – to obtain your consent for processing the personal data as described in this Privacy statement.
- With whom do we share your personal data?
We can share your data within the Marine Harvest Group.
We can share your personal data with a number of trusted third parties. These are:
- Our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies in order to help us to deliver effective marketing campaigns and activities and to analyze these. If we share your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including targeted advertising, we will ask your explicit consent for this purpose.
- Third parties needed to supply you with a product or service, such as delivery, transport or postal services to deliver a product you ordered
- Law enforcement and government bodies if they followed legal procedures to request us to publish the information
- Third parties which want to provide you with information about their products and services, but only if you have given us permission to do so
- External service suppliers of Marine Harvest Sterk, such as data processors
- Web analytics tools
- Social networks. The Marine Harvest Sterk websites may in certain cases offer social plug-ins of various social networks. If you choose to communicate through a social network, such as Facebook or Twitter (e.g., when creating an account), your activities on our website(s) or via our apps are also made available on that social network. If you have registered for one of these social networks during your visit to one of our websites or apps, or communicate through one of the social plug-ins, the social network can add these data to your matching profile on this network, based on your privacy settings. If you wish to prevent such sharing of your data, please log out of your social network before you visit or use the Marine Harvest Sterk site(s). You can also change your privacy settings, if possible. Read the Privacy policies of these social networks for further information about collection and transfer of personal data, your rights and how to tailor suitable privacy settings to your needs.
We can also share your personal data in the following situations:
- As part of a sale of Marine Harvest Sterk and/or a Marine Harvest Sterk brand to a different company
- To protect and defend the rights and properties of Marine Harvest Sterk (among which ensuring compliance with our terms and conditions)
- If required by law and/or government bodies
In case you have additional questions, comments or concerns with regard to the processing of personal data, please contact us as indicated under ‘Contact’ at the end of this Privacy statement.
- Transfer of your personal data
Unless otherwise stated, we process and save your personal data in the European Economic Area. However, there may be cases in which we have to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a third country which, under European law, does not offer the same level of protection as the country where you normally use your products and or services. In such cases we will take the necessary measures to guarantee that your personal data are adequately protected. Such measures usually entail auditing of the data security at the relevant recipients and drafting contracts with such recipients (in particular the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission), to ensure they take the same or similar technical and organizational measures as Marine Harvest Sterk to adequately protect your data. For more information about the third countries we are transferring your data to and the appropriate, prevailing security measures, please contact us as indicated under ‘Contact’ at the end of this Privacy statement.
- How long do we store your personal data?
Your personal data are no longer retained than necessary for the above mentioned purposes.
As a general rule, we store your personal data obtained through forms on the website during five years, and personal data which are processed in the context of sales of our product are stored during a 10-year period from the end of the contractual relationship (including after-sales services).
In principle, personal data processed in the context of direct marketing, e.g., for newsletters, are stored during three years from your last contact with us.
Depending on the specific situation, we may however store your personal date for longer periods of time. In particular this will be the case if one of the following periods is longer: (i) as long as necessary for the relevant activity or service; (ii) the storage period as required by law; or (iii) the limitation period within which legal proceedings can be started.
- Protecting personal data
We take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal data and demand the same from third parties which process your personal data for us. Access to your personal data is limited in order to prevent unlawful access, change or abuse and is only allowed to our employees and advisors on a need-to-know basis.
- Changes in our Privacy statement
We may change this Privacy statement from time to time by posting the amended version of the Privacy statement on the Marine Harvest Sterk website(s). When we publish changes in this statement we will change the date of the latest update in the header of this statement. In case of extensive changes, we will make a more striking announcement (including, for certain services, by sending an email notification of the changes in the Privacy statement). We will keep earlier versions of this Privacy statement on file.
- Other Privacy statements by Marine Harvest Sterk
In addition to this Privacy statement there may be specific campaigns or activities for which additional privacy terms or statements may be valid. We recommend you to read such additional conditions before participating in such campaigns or activities. Additional privacy terms or statements, if any, will be made available to you in a clear manner.